This guide will explain how to get ACE3 up and running.
2. Steam Workshop Installation
- Open Steam and go to the Arma 3 Workshop page
- Search for
aceor open the entry in your browser
- Click on the “Subscribe” button
3. Manual Installation
2. Install ACE3
- Extract both CBA and ACE3 .zip files into your Arma 3 folder. By default it is located in:
- 32-Bit -
C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Arma 3/
- 64-Bit -
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Arma 3/
- 32-Bit -
- After extraction you should have the
@CBA_A3folders inside your Arma 3 folder.
4. Launch Arma 3 with ACE3
- Launch Arma 3 to start the official game launcher.
Modsand make sure the checkboxes next to
5. Install ACE3 Optional components
Skip this step if you're not using additional mods. If you are, consult with your mission maker before installing any of these components. If you are a mod creator, please visit the Modularity and PBO Structure page for more information.
5.1 What do they do?
Optional components supplement 3rd party mods with ACE3 features, for example:
- Optional weapon components make Advanced Ballistics possible, as well as the ability to use ACE3 weapon attachments with 3rd party weapons like RHS, HLC, etc.
- Optional tracers component brings back ACE2 ball tracers.
- Optional server component is used to load the userconfig files.
5.2 Which optionals should I use?
Only use the optional components that correspond with your mod-pack.
5.3 How to install these components?
- In the description on the ace workshop page you will find a list of all optionals that come with ACE3.
- Open the ones you’re interested in and click on their respective “Subscribe” buttons
5.3.1 Alternative method to install optionals
- Inside your
Arma 3\@ace\folder, you’ll find the
- Inside the
Arma 3folder create a new folder e.g.
Arma 3\@ace_optionals\and a subfolder
- Copy and paste the relevant
.bisignfiles from the
Arma 3\@ace\optionalsfolder into the