The Advanced Ballistics module improves internal and external ballistics.
- Drag modelling based on real-world ballistic coefficients.
- Ambient air density (air pressure, temperature, humidity) affects drag.
- Wind affects drag and deflects the trajectory.
- Wind speed varies with altitude.
- Terrain features, buildings and other objects disrupt the wind.
- Magnus effect (spin drift)
- Coriolis effect and Eötvös effect (Earth rotation)
- Loss of stability during transonic flight.
- Variable muzzle velocity based on powder burn rate and barrel length.
- Bullet trace effect for supersonic bullets (light refraction due to air pressure waves).
- A protractor for quickly measuring the inclination angle.
2.1 Enabling Advanced Ballistics
2.1.1 OPTIONS → GAME → CONFIGURE ADDONS
2.1.2 CBA Settings System
2.1.3 Enabled in-game ?
- Pick up a Range Card and open it.
- You need a compatible weapon.
- Press Ctrl+⇧ Shift+K.
- Red line indicates the current inclination angle in degrees.
- Protractor will disappear if you lower or holster your weapon.